The Internet is a necessity in today’s world. Regardless of how you use it, its essence cannot be downplayed. WI-FI is one of the most revolutionary inventions as far as internet connectivity is concerned. Routers are used to broadcast WI-FI signals across a particular range, depending on their strength. Unfortunately, the routers range may not be as large as we would want it to be. That’s where WI-FI range extenders come in. They pick the signal from the router and broadcasts it over further to cover a bigger range. Having the best WI-FI range extender will ensure you always have an internet connection where ever you are.
There are many types of WI-FI range extenders in the market. Finding the best one among them may not be such an easy task. The WI-FI range extenders come in different shapes and sizes and have different features. They perform differently too. When you pay off a WI-FI range extender, you need to get one that is very effective and durable. There are not many wifi booster reviews available either. You might be wondering, what is the best WI-FI range extender? You should not worry! We took our time to explore various WI-FI range extenders, to find out how they compare against each other. We compiled one of the best WI-FI range extender reviews.
The review will highlight the respective features of the WI-FI range extenders as well as their pros and cons. The review aims at arming you with relevant information to enable choose the best wifi booster, next time you go shopping for one. Shopping for a WI-FI range extender should no longer feel like such a daunting task. You should be able to get the best WI-FI range extender for the money you have. Tag along and let’s get you your best-suited WI-FI range extender. First, below is a quick sneak peek of the various range extenders featured in the review.
Best Wi-Fi Range Extenders 2020 (2020 New Additions)
- NETGEAR ORBI WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER – this is a costly WI-FI range extender with a coverage area of 5000 square feet. It has the TRI-band technology.
- NETGEAR AC2200 WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER – This is a dual-band WI-FI range extender that allows you to make your mesh network. It has a high-power amplifier and an internal antenna array.
- NETGEAR AC750 WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER – This is a dual-band WI-FI range extender with a speed of 750 Mbps and two external antennas. It has a very convenient wall-plug design.
- LINKSYS RE6500HG WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER– This is yet another dual-band WI-FI range extender with up to 128bit encryption and two high-gain dipole external antennas.
- TP-LINK RE305 WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER – this dual-band WI-FI range extender supports the AP mode and is compatible with Amazon echo/Alexa devices.
- NETGEAR EX6200 WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER – this dual-band WI-FI range extender has a dual-core processor and two high-gain external antennas.
- DLINK DAP-1650 WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER – this dual-band WI-FI range extender boasts of secure wireless encryption and backward compatibility.
The Netgear Orbi is a fantastic WI-FI range extender with some very impressive features. The range extender will provide you with a fast connection throughout your home. The range extender has a price tag of under $350. It should, therefore, pack some great features and impressive performance. A closer look at its features does not disappoint. It is a great long range outdoor wifi extender.
- It has a coverage of 5000 square feet
- It features the TRI-band technology
- It has a GUEST network feature
- It is compatible with Amazon ECHO
- The range extender is quite easy to set up. You need the Orbi app to set it up.
- The TRI-band technology means it does not loose speed when more devices are added.
- It has a parental control feature. You can control what your children are accessing
- It has 4-gigabit ethernet ports that make it very versatile
- The range extender is a bit costly
- You have to reset it manually whenever you need to.
The Netgear Orbi does not seem to disappoint in many aspects. It is a great internet signal booster for anyone with a big house. However, the price tag is still a bit on the higher side. Nevertheless, the range extender will certainly live up to the task. It has very impressive reviews on Amazon. It qualifies to be one of your options if you are considering getting one soon. It is arguably the best wifi range extender for a large home. It is one of the best wifi extender Amazon.
We Have yet another Netgear range extender, the Netgear AC2200. This comes at a bit of a lower price. Is it up to the task though? It a Netgear! Netgear wifi extenders tend to deliver the expected performances. A quick exploration of its exterior gets you excited right away. It is a well-crafted dual-band WI-FI range extender. It is a mid-range range extender with some very impressive features. Check the features below.
- It allows you to create your mesh network
- It has dual-band connectivity
- It has a smart connect feature. It automatically selects the connection band depending on the device
- It has a high-power amplifier and an internal antenna array
- The range extender is very easy to install
- The dual-band connection allows it to maintain good speeds even with a high load of devices
- It has a large area of coverage
- You can simultaneously stream multiple devices
- The web interface of the extender is very slow
- The range extender tends to lose connection as a result of constant routing
For a range extender with under $125 price tag, the deliverables of the Netgear AC2200 are good enough. It may not be the best extender available, but it delivers a certain level of efficiency. It is an excellent option for anyone on a tight budget. They are a few complaints about its connectivity on Amazon. That’s expected given its caliber though. It is a great best dual band wifi range extender.
The Netgear AC750 is yet another pocket-friendly range extender from Netgear. The Netgear AC750 range extender is very cost friendly, but make no mistake, it has an impressive performance. The range extender has all the essential features of an effective WI-FI range extender. It is a dual-band range extender that is ideal for light-duty devices such as smartphones.
- It hits a speed of up to 750 Mbps.
- It has two external antennas
- It comes with a convenient wall-plug design
- It works with any WI-FI router
- The range extender delivers very impressive speed
- The double band ensures the speed in not affect while under a large load
- The range extender is quite easy to install
- It is versatile. It can accommodate many types of devices and works with all routers
- It does not have a very wide coverage area. It is a small range extender
The Netgear AC750 only proves that you get what you pay for. It is a cheap option, with a performance worthy of the price. It may not have the best performance, but you won’t be disappointed either. The range extender is available on Amazon. A better part of the reviews it has attracted is positive. It certainly delivers some level of efficiency within its limits. It is one of the best wifi range extenders 2020.
Linksys is one of the largest manufacturers of networking equipment. Completing the review without a Linksys range extender would be unfair. The Linksys RE6500HG range extender lives up to the good name of the Linksys networking equipment. It is a dual-band range extender with some of the most advanced features you will find on a WI-FI range extender.
- It features a crossband dual-band technology
- It has 2-gigabit ethernet ports
- It supports up to 128-bit encryption
- It has two high-gain dipole external antennas
- The range extender has a wide area of coverage
- It has dual bands ensure the connection speed is never affected by additional gadgets
- It is quite easy to install and set up
- The Ethernet and audio jack allow easy connection with external devices
- The range extender comes with very incoherent installation instructions
- You have to reboot it now and then to refresh the signal strength
The Linksys RE6500HG is an excellent WI-FI range extender for its price. The range extender comes at a fair price and delivers an impressive performance. It does have some misgivings, but you can always work around them. Every other extender will have some misgivings too. It is without a doubt one of the best WI-FI range extenders on the review. It is arguably the best dual band wifi extender in the review.
The TP-LINK RE305 is yet another low budget range extender with impressive features. It is a small range extender that pocket-friendly and great efficiency. It may not be the ultimate range extender, but you will undoubtedly love having to around. It is a dual-band WI-FI range extender with some very impressive connection speeds.
- The range extender is compatible with Amazon Echo/ Alexa devices
- It works with any standard router or gateway
- It supports AP mode
- It operates over the 2.5 GHz and 5GHz bands
- It has an intelligent signal indicator that tells you the best spot for installation
- It is quite easy to install
- It has a fast ethernet port
- It is versatile. It can work with any router
- It has very impressive connections speeds on both bands
- The extender has a small area of coverage
- It only works well with light duty devices such as smartphones
The TP-LINK RE305 works great within its limits. It has a price tag of under $50. You certainly would not expect much from such a range extender. It, however, delivers more than the bargain. Again, it is not the ideal range extender, but you will not be disappointed by its deliverables either. It is an excellent option for anyone looking for a very low budget WI-FI extender. It is a great outdoor wifi range extender.
Netgear range extenders seem to have dominated the review. This goes a mile further in cementing the position of Netgear networking equipment as one of the best. The Netgear EX6200 is yet another low priced but very impressive range extender. The WI-FI range extender boasts of high power and impressive speeds. You got to love its performance, given its low price as compared to other range extenders of the same caliber.
- It has a dual-band technology
- It is fitted with two high-gain antennas
- It comes with a dual-core processor
- It comes with 5-gigabit ethernet ports
- The range extender is very easy to install
- It has a wide area of coverage
- It ethernet ports are very effective for connecting gaming consoles and TVs
- It has a very impressive connection speed on both bands
- You have to keep updating the firmware to ensure it works properly
- It works optimally with light duty devices only
The Netgear is a fantastic WI-FI range extender. The range extender is pocket-friendly and will give you years of an impressive performance, so long as you keep the firmware updated. This range extender is a great balance between price and performance. You will certainly have no dull moment with this WI-FI range extender in your space. It is the best wifi extender for gaming that we have in the review.
Lastly, we feature the DLINK DAP-1650 range extender. It is yet another pocket-friendly WI-FI range extender with some very impressive features. It comes with the signature dual-band technology and a myriad of other superior features. The range extender has all the basic features of an effective range extender. It works with all certified router and devices
- It has dual-band connectivity
- It has backward compatibility
- It is equipped with secure wireless encryption
- It has 4-gigabit ethernet ports
- The range extender has a wide area of coverage
- It has impressive connection speeds
- It is flexible. It is compatible with all routers and devices
- It has an easy setup protocol
- You have to keep updating the firmware now and then
- The web interface is rather slow
The DLINK DAP-1650 does not fall short of much as far as the ultimate wifi signal booster is concerned. The range extender has a very impressive performance and comes at a pocket-friendly price. It arguably has all that you would want in a WI-FI range extender. It attracts a bit of complaint about failing, but that’s possible because of failing to update the firmware. Overall, the range extender is very impressive and will certainly deliver a robust performance.
Best Wi-Fi Range Extenders 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews and buying guide above should help you better understand what a good WI-FI range extender entails. Before you narrow down to any specific range extender, there are a few factors you are supposed to consider. The factors revolve around the features of the extenders and your specific requirements. The factors are;
The processor inside the range extender is the engine the runs it. A strong processor means a great performance. A dual-core processor is always desirable for a range extender. A range extender with a lower grade processor will certainly give you connection challenges.
The number of bands in the extender is another crucial consideration when you are purchasing a range extender. Many of today’s device work on either the 2.5GHz band or the 5 GHz band. Having a range extender with these two bands will ensure your connection speed is not affected by addition load. There are even TRI-band extenders which are more desirable.
You need to ensure that the range extender you get is compatible with the devices you intend to connect to it. Fortunately, many of the range extenders are compatible with all the standard router and devices. Unfortunately, some are not. You can find the compatibility information on the manual of the range extender, or online. You should ensure you can use the range extender that you pay for.
Ultimately, the money you have got to determine the range extender you get. In as much as you might be trying to save a few dollars, never compromise on the quality of the extender. Always go for the best quality that you can afford. Take your time to compare the different range extenders within your price range and find out which one delivers the most value for you. The extender might have the same features but have different prices.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best-suited range extender. Shopping for the best wifi extender 2020 should no longer be such a daunting task. You should be able to get the best WI-FI range extender for the money you have.